What Influences My Writing? Everything – Blog Tour Moves On…
I suppose I’ll get back to more normal posting soon. I have only a few more stops on the blog tour. I’ve been steadily working on typing in the lost Cletus J. Diggs novel from my hand-written scribbles, so progress is being made. I’m also enjoying a stint of actual editing on an original novel that Crossroad Press will be publishing… Always working on something. Soon I’ll share the pretty cool trailer that narrator Tom Pile made for my novel KILLER GREEN – which is due out in unabridged audio soon.
Today’s post on this never-ending gobstopper of a book tour is about influences. I have my own views on what influences writing, and creativity – as I do on most things. I tried to unscramble those views and compress then into a single post. Here’s a short snippet:
“Over the years, I’ve come to the conclusion that there are very simple answers to the most common questions asked of writers. One is, of course, where do you get your ideas. The simple answer for that is from your influences, and from your mind. It’s collaboration between your creativity and the world that makes stories possible and the stronger the connection – the more it means to you – the more powerful those stories will be. Everything influences your work. Everything.
THE TOUR SO FAR:
Read about Genres & Why I hate them : ==> AT THE AUTHOR’S CAFE
- Nevermore – Special price .99 from October 30th to November 16
- Nevermore Included in Storybundle Thriller Package!
- The Blog Tour Comes to an End. Buy the Book Already…
- An Interview With Edgar Allan Poe …
- The Birth of a Novel, and Some Comments on Commitments
- Five Ways to market your book – the good, and the bad + More Blog Tour
- Why I'm glad Nevermore Was Not Traditionally Published & Return of Blog Tour
- More about History – My fictional settings – Nevermore Blog Tour
- Making History – Nevermore Blog Tour his Christine's Words
- Nevermore – The Lisa Snellings Cover art – The Tour Plows On!