Posts tagged DeChance Chronicles
I have thousands of followers and friends on social media platforms. In my career, I know, I’ve sold hundreds of thousands of books… but what I would like to see … since I’m still here, still writing, and still hoping to bring a little enjoyment to readers, is everyone connected to me… everyone who has laughed at the jokes, or whose books I’ve published, or who runs with me (or talks about running with me) – everyone who has connected to me for whatever reason … read one of my books. Make an old guy happy. I posted pretty much this same note on Facebook, and realized as the questions came in that it would be a good idea to have a post with all my available books in it and a short explanation. These are not GOOD short explanations, and in most cases they probably don’t do the books justice, but it’s as start. You can find all of my books on Amazon at this link: David Niall Wilson on Amazon… Here is the list:
American Pies- Baking with Dave the Pie Guy – a semibiographical book that also includes recipes for a number of pies – including “The American Pie”.
Short Story Collections:
- The Whirling Man and Other Tales of Blood and Madness – short fiction – the theme is – these are the more literary horror stories I have done that I love, and that have gotten mixed reviews for being too… literary.
- Defining Moments – collection of short stories – nominated for the Bram Stoker Award, contains the first printing of the Stoker winning story “The Gentle Brush of Wings.”
- An Unkindness of Ravens – collection of stories with Patricia Lee Macomber – all involving Poet.
- The Call of Distant Shores – collection of my more Lovecraftian stories.
- Etched Deep & Other Dark Impressions – stories and poetry
- Intermusings – A collection of collaborations – with Brian Keene, Brian A. Hopkins, Mark Rainey, John Rosenman, Brett Savory, Patricia Lee Macomber, Richard Rowand and more.
- Spinning Webs and Telling Lies – Weird Western stories written with Brian A. Hopkins, plus one original from each of us.
- The Fall of the House of Escher & Other Illusions – my very first collection, published long ago. Several stories in this collection became novels.
- A Taste of Blood and Roses – Mostly vampire / werewolf, and other creature stories collected.
- The Compleate Pigge – Surreal dark fantasy tales about a boy who may, or may not have been a crazed serial killer, or from a family of them, or just an artist… Johnson Milhone.
HORROR / Dark Fantasy:
- Darkness Falling – fairly traditional vampire novel about a rock band and a concert on a mountain in Germany. Eventual tie-in with other novels.
- Ancient Eyes – Horror – Set in the mountains of California – loose sequel to Deep Blue, but a completely different story.
- The Preacher’s Marsh – a novella cut from the novel Gideon’s Curse
- Deep Blue – A guitarist / vocalist is gifted / cursed with the ability to play away the pain of the world through his music. King / Koontz style “big” story …
- Gideon’s Curse – Supernatural horror novel set in reconstruction North Carolina – deals with racism, religious persecution… and (sort of) zombies.
- Roll Them Bones – A novella from the Cemetery Dance series – friends return to a small town to deal with what appears to be ghosts from their past.
- On the Third Day – Religious Horror – a young priest experiences the Stigmata … a Vatican investigator tries to get to the truth behind it… before it is too late.
- Maelstrom – horror – a group of kids discover a strange ritual in a graveyard. It’s up to them, the local detective, and a rock band to prevent the summoning of ancient evil.
- This is My Blood – First novel sold – a retelling of the Gospel through the eyes of Mary Magdalene, fallen angel cursed to be a vampire…
- The Mote in Andrea’s Eye – written to be “clean” so my teenaged daughter could read it – SF thriller about a woman who loses her father to a hurricane as a child, and grows up to try and fight them – includes Operation Storm Fury, and beyond…
- Remember Bowling Green– The Adventures of Frederick Douglass – Time Traveler – written with Patricia Lee Macomber – Ronald Krump tries to take over Bowling Green, Kentucky, but is pitted against Frederick, a stoner, and several local citizens.
- The Orffyreus Wheel – Historical SF – parallel timelines in the 1700s and present involving a perpetual motion device.
- The Second Veil – Book II of the Tales of the Scattered Earth – a planet where all cities are domed, and only strange lighter-than-air ships and sealed tunnels provide access from city to city.
- ‘Scuse Me While I Kiss the Sky – Surreal Thriller set in Old Mill NC involving drugs and crop-dusting.
- Sins of the Flash – Psychological Thriller about a crazed photographer turned serial killer.
- Block 10 – written with Stacy Childs – thriller set in France – MMA fighting, skiing, drugs, and Nazi scientists trying to affect professional athletes.
- Heart of a Dragon – Book I of the DeChance Chronicles. Urban fantasy.
- Vintage Soul – Book II of the DeChance Chronicles (actually the first that was published) A 300 year old vampire is kidnapped, and Donovan DeChance is hired to save her.
- My Soul to Keep & Others – Book III of the DeChance Chronicles (loosely) contains the title story – Donovan’s origin – and other novellas that tie into the world and area of the DeChance Chronicles timeline.
- Kali’s Tale – Book IV of the DeChance Chronicles – The young vampire Kali takes off on a blood quest to the Great Dismal Swamp to confront her maker – Donovan is hired to follow along and watch over them. It goes badly.
- Crockatiel – A novel in the OCLT series about a genetic accident that causes a prehistoric creature to grow in the Great Dismal Swamp…
- Nevermore – A Novel of Love, Loss & Edgar Allan Poe – set in North Carolina at the historic Halfway House – which rested on the border of NC and VA. Dark fantasy.
- The Not Quite Right Reverend Cletus J. Diggs & The Currently Accepted Habits of Nature – Dark Fantasy / SF set in Old Mill NC…
- The Not Quite Right Reverend Cletus J. Diggs & the Crazy Case of Foreman James – Dark Fantasy and NC history – set in Old Mill, NC.
- The Temple of Camazotz – A novella in the OCLT series set along the Mexican border where beheaded bodies are turning up.
- The Parting – first novel in the O.C.L.T. series – ancient magic, terrorism, history – and computers.
- Hallowed Ground – written with Steven Saville – Weird Western filled with mythology, and magic.
- The Skeleton Inside Me
- The Kingdom of Clowns
- Chrysalis – Star Trek Voyager #12
- Brimstone – Stargate Atlantis #15 (with Patricia Lee Macomber)
- The Grails Covenant Trilogy– White Wolf World of Darkness Vampires
- Except You Go Through Shadows – Set in the White Wolf World of Wraith – published in “The Essential World of Darkness”
- Dark Ages Clan Novel LASOMBRA – Dark Ages vampires set in France
- Dark Ages Clan Novel – Malkavian ( wrote ¼ of it – an odd situation)
- Relic of the Dawn – set in the White Wolf world of EXALTED – undead armies and owl women.
Work is well underway as A Midnight Dreary passes the 30,000 word mark. I’m sort of doing Nanowrimo this year, in that the book will pass 50k before the end of the month, but it will be much longer than that. At 30k I have only just reached the beginning of the three separate threads that will bring all the main characters, Donovan and Edgar Allan Poe from my novel Nevermore, Bullfinch, and a new O.C.L.T. member heading to New Orleans to meet with Copper and Alicia from my novel Darkness falling, and Amethyst, Cletus J. Diggs, and old Nettie headed into the Great Dismal Swamp.
This novel, probably the most complex and ambitious of my career, will draw firmly together the adventures of the O.C.L.T. – Donovan DeChance and his world, Cletus J. Diggs and Old Mill, North Carolina, and the open strands left (read that as surviving characters) from Darkness Falling… At least two versions of Poe stories from a very different perspective, one well known and one obscure – multiple continents… world building.
One thing readers have asked for is a fleshing out of the character Amethyst, Donovan’s love interest, and this novel will not disappoint. There will also be revelations in the odd and discordant career of the Not Quite Right Reverend Cletus J. Diggs…
The cover art was purchased from a Russian artist, Konstantin Korobov… the cover design is by David Dodd…
More updates to follow. There is an excerpt from this book titled MASQUERADE available along with several of my other works, including the entire novel “Heart of a Dragon,” first in this series.
Book I of the DeChance Chronicles – Heart of a Drago – is featured at Kindle Books and Tips Blog
Heart of a Dragon – Book I of the DeChance Chronicles, by David Niall Wilson, is regularly $3.99 but has been discounted to just $0.99 today in the Amazon Kindle store. This book has received an average user rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 10 customer reviews.
Here is the book’s description from the Amazon website:
Author’s Revised Edition
Donovan DeChance is a collector of ancient manuscripts and books, a practicing mage, and a private investigator. Over the span of a long life, he has gathered and archived the largest occult library in the world.
When a local houngan begins meddling with powers she may not be able to control, a turf war breaks out between the Dragons motorcycle club and the Los Escorpiones street gang—a war that threatens to open portals between worlds and destroy the city in the process.
With his lover, Amethyst, his familiar, Cleo – an Egyptian Mau the size of a small bobcat –the dubious aid of a Mexican sorcerer named Martinez and the budding gifts of a young artist named Salvatore, DeChance begins a race against time, magic, and almost certain death.
The fate of the city rests on his success, and on the rare talent of a boy who walks in two worlds, and dreams of dragons